Saturday, February 26, 2011

Down Goes Frazier!

Just 20 minutes ago, I felt like Joe Frazier in his fight against George Foreman, only my opponent was "the leg workout."

I was doing great at first. I did all my sets of squats and had even made it through the brutal superset of walking lunges and leg extensions... or so I thought. After completing my last set of lunges and preparing to do deadlifts, a gentleman at the gym started talking to me. We got to talking about weight lifting and gaining muscle and the fact that he still had 13 personal training sessions to use up! Through my leg workout I picked up another client, sweet! And then it hit me. The cold sweat, eyes crossing, seeing stars and then everything was starting to go black. I've fainted before and I knew that's what was going to happen if I didn't lay down soon. Mid sentence I informed the man that I needed to "use the restroom." I ran around the corner (where he couldn't see me of course) and laid down immediately and brought my knees up to "stretch" but mostly to get the blood back to my head. Phew, situation "pass out" averted. So I caught back up with the gentleman and got him scheduled for next week (I should make him do this workout haha). Directly after putting him in my schedule I started seeing stars again. Great. I tell him I can't wait to start working with him and shout "See you Tuesday!" as I race into the fitness room to lay down for the second time. Situation averted yet again.

After the second close call, I decided to call it a day and head home before I actually passed out. So what  did I do in my workout differently that would make me feel this way? Nothing. I did everything the same. The culprit? LOW CARBS. That's why experts recommend eating complex carbs before exercise. Bodybuilding is not easy my friends. As you can see, it's hard enough to make you pass out, and many people actually do. So I listened to my body and decided that that was enough for today.

On a good note, I am down to 107.8 today! YEHAAAAA

No comments:

Post a Comment