Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ice Packs and Heating Pads

It looks like my most recent leg workout did a little more damage then I thought.

I felt a twinge in my hamstring while doing lunges on Saturday but thought nothing of it at the time and kept going. I didnt feel anything too unusual after the fact or the next day until I was doing my 60min cardio session. My leg felt tighter than usual but again, I thought nothing of it. I didnt even notice the bruise until posing practice that evening. And thats when it started to hurt!

Not a terrible hurt, but enough to make cardio uncomfortable and icing neccessary. I have caused a very minor strain on my hamstring. I was laughing to myself last night as I lay in bed with an ice pack on my leg and a heating pad on my back (tight/sore back from posing).

The closer we get to the show the more risk we run for injury, due to lack of energy. This makes "focusing" a top priority. We really have to focus on doing every exercise with precision and control.

Lesson learned: focus in and dont rush exercises!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment