Monday, January 31, 2011

Bring On the Definition!

I am finally feeling back to a normal size and am comfortable with my body once again. I can see a lot more definition in my muscles now and it is a huge source of motivation for me! Although I have pretty much lost my boobs, I have replaced them with muscle which has actually given a false look of cleavage (see above picture far left). Yes, the picture on the left is muscle, not breast lol. Among other changes, my abs are finally making an appearance and I can usually see a small vein in my biceps when we workout upperbody. The whole vein thing used to scare me; I really thought it was repulsive on a female. But when I see it barely show through during workouts I embrace it, because it means that my blood is pumping hard where it needs to and vascularity is important come show time!

I have also finally seen a change in my weight on the scale. Yesterday I weighed in at 115.6 (stuck around 116.6-117 for 2 weeks). Today I actually weighed in at 113.8! I have a feeling this is just a water weight drop as I had a bout of diaherrea yesterday (that's what you get for eating broccoli before a tough workout).

The above picture are some of my most improved muscles. Biceps have really grown, shoulders are getting more cut, and I am starting to get striations in my inner chest. And of course, my abs are finally coming back. Goodbye layer of squish around the middle!

With this decrease in body fat has also come uncomfortable side effects. I am cold ALL THE TIME. It takes me 15 minutes wearing heavy sweats, sweatshirt, and beanie, just to get warm during a cardio session. Also, my joints were aching constantly (until I started taking Omega Cuts) and it is extremely difficult to sleep through the night. My muscles are always sore and they fatigue much faster without all the extra calories. But the progress I'm seeing in my muscles is all worth it!

Lesson Learned: TRUST THE PROCESS. These changes DO NOT come over night or even in a week to 2 weeks. My weight loss is very slow and controlled. The changes are small but significant, but you have to trust the way you're training and the way you are eating will get you ready right before the show!

BELIEVE THAT!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: