Saturday, January 29, 2011

Competition Suit!


I woke up drenched in sweat early this morning after a horrifying dream. It was the day of the show and everyting that could have gone wrong, went wrong. I had NO COMPETITION SUIT and NO ROUTINE! What a stressful dream! Luckily, today was the day of my consultation for a competition suit (wiping the sweat off my brow). Read on below...
I met with Christie Skelton of Cedara, a body wear designer, for my first competition suit consultation! She took a variety of measurements including some of the basics; bust, waist, hips, and other measurements for the width and height of the front and back of the bottom of the suit. The amazing part about the suit creation is that Christie has to adjust the measurements to what size we think I will be come show time; wow! After the measurements came the fun part, color and fabric selection. I am attracted to the brighter colors so I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted coming into it. After pulling out a few fabrics and holding them up to my body to see how they would work with my, skin, hair, and eye color, Christie pulled out the above fabric and we both knew it was the one! It is a beautiful shade of blue and is a velvety material which kind of changes color in the light. YAY!!

This is a huge source of motivation for me. I put this swatch up on our fridge so I can see it and feel it everyday and visualize myself in it on stage. Having it on the fridge will also remind me that I need to fit into it properly come show time which will help keep me from eating what I shouldn't :)

Choosing my suit color has also inspired my music selection for the night show posing routine (a 60 second routine that shows off your best poses). I chose "Kiss" by Prince because to me, this color says fun, flirty, and confident!

Now that I have a suit and a song, I can really start to visualize myself on stage! And hopefully no more bad dreams...LETS DO THIS!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment