Sunday, January 16, 2011

Diet at 10 Weeks


I started dieting a week ago today and have lost 3 lbs (mostly water weight). I drink A GALLON of water a day. This is a must! If I do not drink all my water 1) I will retain more water, 2) I will get muscle cramps at night, 3) my muscles will not recover properly. Also, I try to eat every 2 to 3 hours to keep my metabolism up (also a must).

Here is my diet at 10 weeks out from the show! At this point I can still afford to add brown sugar to my oatmeal and throw in a light yogurt during the day; however, once my weight plateaus the sugar and yogurt are the first to go! (tears). I need to work on adding more greens such as broccoli and salad but am having a hard time finding the strength to shove another 4 ounces of blandness in my mouth. It's a work in progress!

8 AM
½ cup oats with 1tbsp brwn sgr
1Scoop shake

10 AM
3 egg whites/ 1 whole egg (I used to gag on all these eggs but after 1 week they taste like heaven)
4 oz brown rice
Siracha hot sauce for flavor

12 PM- 1 PM
4 oz 99% lean ground turkey (I use ground turkey because in my opinion it has more flavor than chicken and it's easy to get down)
4 oz yams or sweet potatoes

2 PM - 3 PM
4 oz 99% lean ground turkey
4 oz yams or sweet potatoes

PRE-WORKOUT
4 oz Activia light yogurt
1 medium banana
1 scoop Pump Fuel

POST WORKOUT
1 scoop AfterGlow
2 scoops Amplify protein

All of this comes out to about 1757 calories compared to the 2300 calories I was at 2 weeks ago. I go to bed hungry every night but I constantly remind myself that this is what it will take to be comfortable on stage... practically naked. YIPES!

No comments:

Post a Comment