Sunday, January 23, 2011

Falling Off the Diet Wagon

After my previous post of claiming to stop messing things up in my diet, I totally fell off the wagon, or more like dove head first. The day started off with my weigh-in. The number I wanted to see did not appear on the scale and I became discouraged. This was my first mistake.

I ate my oatmeal as usual and completed my strength workout and had my supplements. I then went to visit my folks where I lost self-control. My parents have all sorts of goodies at their house; cheeze-its, tasty cereal, chocolates, cookies, and pop-tarts, all of which I later ate. I started off good with a nice big salad with ground beef on top. Then proceeded to have 1 chocolate (just one can't hurt, right?) 1 turned into 3 then a cookie here and there then a handful of crackers then a pop-tart. I totally lost track of my goal and my mind was constantly on food.

After leaving my parent's house, I thought about the bland food I was going to have to make for dinner and stopped at McDonald's for a McChicken and small french fries! AHHHHHHH! I totally blew it for the day BUT, tomorrow is a new day and knowing that I don't have any food at my house that I can cheat will make it much easier to stay the course.

Lesson Learned for the day: Don't let the number on the scale discourage you. As my husband reminded me, the number will continually fluctuate with differences in water intake, various foods, timing of eating and monthly cycles. Remember what you are striving for when faced with adversity and trust the process. Stick with it, get back on course, and don't beat yourself up when you fall.

KEEP THE FAITH!

No comments:

Post a Comment