Sunday, January 9, 2011

The 12 Week Diet Begins

Or the end of my freedom as we know it. Last night I went through all of our cupboards and got rid of every temptation including chips, sweets, pasta and even cereal. Im not going to lie, the next 3 months are going to suck but I'm excited to start leaning out and being able to notice the definition of my muscle.

As I mentioned in a previous diet post, the method behind the dieting madness is to lose as much fat as possible without losing muscle. My calories have been cut back from about 2200 to about 1700 to lose about 1 pound per week. If i can maintain most of my muscle I will compete in the women's lightweight class (under 115lbs). However, if I lose too much I will enter into the figure division. My heart is set on bodybuilding so I'm going to work as hard as I can.

Besides the change in diet, our workouts will change as well. But I'll save that post for another day:)
P.S. I discovered a Blogger app for my phone and am using it now! When I get into my 60 min cardio sessions this app/blog will be my lifesaver. So excited!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment