Friday, January 21, 2011

2 Weeks into Dieting; 10 weeks until Show Time!

Entry forms are going off in the mail this weekend... it's official now. I am entering into the Women's OPEN bodybuilding class in the Light weight division (under 114.5 lbs). I could enter into the Novice division but  entering into open class gives me the motivation to work harder and stick to my diet.

I'm not going to lie, I have cheated on my diet a few times ( 5 frozen chicken nuggets here and there and a few saltine crackers after some nauseating workouts). I have been blessed with a high metabolism and have generally been able to get away with eating most things while maintaining a healthy weight. This has been the WRONG mentality for me going into this diet, therefor this post is my final straw against thinking this way! So, how do I combat my cravings for crackers and chicken nuggets? I've come up with a game plan. Thus far my diet has been lacking variety which has set me up for failure. So I've done some research and come up with some new meals that will keep me on track. I've added more vegetables into my diet and have recently added Rosarita non-fat Salsa refried beans (delicious).

Currently, my new favorite meal is 4oz refried beans mixed with 2-3oz brown rice and 4oz ground turkey. I try to eat this around lunch time because of the higher carb content, but it is delicious!

My goal weight this week (weigh-in on Sunday) is 116lbs; 1 pound less than last week. I am currently hovering around 116.6 so I have adjusted my calorie intake and no more crackers this week! Today is a cardio day, so I plan on running to burn more calories. My body fat percentage is roughly 16.9% and I am shooting to get down between 11 and 12% by show time. If I get too low, however, I run the risk of amenorrhea (loss of menstrual cycle) which could reduce my chances of pregnancy in the future. I want to be lean for the show but it is more important for me to be able to have babies in the next year or so!

Well, that's all for today. I'll be back on Sunday to share my latest stats with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment