Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bodybuilding= Stressful?

Before starting this crazy journey I never would have imagined that it would become so stressful! Having to prepare food everyday and remembering to not only bring it with you, but eat at the correct times can become quite the ordeal. Doing the "right" workouts and the "right" cardio for the "right" amount of time and progressing those workouts the "right" way takes an incredible amount of planning and research. Combine the outrageously low carb diet with 2-3 workouts a day and minimal sleep and you have yourself a recipe for disaster. I've been so stressed in fact that I have terrible heart burn!

Because I have no previous experience in bodybuilding I am at a disadvantage because the workouts and diet are pretty much an "experiment" to discover what works best for my body. I've learned that there is no "right" way to prepare for bodybuilding other than being consistent with diet and exercise of course. Everyone is going to have their own opinion because that's what has worked best for them. But I am not them! Therefor, this journey will mostly be a learning experience for me and I will be pleased no matter what the outcome. But there is that little voice in my head saying, "You know you want to win." :)

The plan for this week was to be at a weight of 109. I am stuck. Stuck at 111 and weigh-in in 2 days. I'm not going to lie, this bothers me. It really bugs me when I'm not seeing my hard work show up on the scale. You start a dialogue with yourself; "Am I eating too many calories?" No. "Did I complete all my workouts." Yes. "Then what the heck is going on!" You start trying to figure out every little detail that may have gone wrong and it drives you to, well, heartburn in my case. My husband mentioned to me that I need to be patient (not a strong suite for me in this case) and let my body adjust to the new workouts and reduced calories.

So what's my solution? A big fat cheeseburger and relaxation. I feel like I've been driving my body to the ground lately so I took the opportunity yesterday to have my cheat meal early in the week and take off my second cardio session of the day. Will this help? Maybe. But at this point I'm realizing that I really just need to relax and stop obsessing over this so much. I'm back on schedule today with cardio/ weights and diet so we'll see what happens in the next 3 to 4 days. Worst comes to worst, I'll enroll the help of our posing coaches who also do diet plans for competitors. Another expenditure, yes, but one less thing I will have to worry about.

Remember, be patient, do the best you can, and don't worry about the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment