Friday, October 29, 2010

Revenge of the Burrito

After finishing a tough leg workout last weekend, it was time to get plenty of nutrients to help my muscles recover. So, I downed a protein shake with my special powdered carbs supplement (X-Plode) and followed it up with a delicious "cherry bomb" post workout supplement (After Glow). If you have ever taken multiple supplements such as protein powder or pre and post-workout supplements, you have probably noticed the uncomfortable side effects such as bloating, belching, and passing gas. Not the most lady-like combination, I know. My little bro warned me that this was probably over doing it on the supplementation. He turned out  to be right, although I won't own up to that.

This is where the burrito comes in. My husband and I went to our nieces birthday party where we had burritos, salad, and cake (a seemingly good idea at first). Bad move. I slept like a baby that night; probably because I was in a carb-coma. But the next morning I was in rough shape.

The deal with protein supplementation is that whatever your body doesn't use will be excreted. So after all of the supplements I drank AND the high protein content of the burrito, I had a lot of unused protein in my body to be excreted. You do the math. I ran to the bathroom that morning and just stayed there for awhile. This brought a whole new meaning to "Cherry Bomb." More like Cherry GUT-Bomb!

Lesson learned: don't over do it with the supplements and NEVER mix burritos and cake. Woof

No comments:

Post a Comment