Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Motivation and Support

"One major thing that stands in between you and the fulfillment of your dream is the willingness to start, the courage to move ahead and the faith to finish."


This quote is so true when it comes to bodybuilding. Getting started is the hardest part due to the intense demands it places on your body. A lot of my motivation to even start training for this show came from my younger brother, who just competed in his first show (and came in 4th), and my husband who competed in a show a few years ago and placed 2nd. These two went through the rigorous training and survived, which assured me that I could also make it out alive.


It's been so great to share my trials and tribulations with my husband and brother. Only a person who has experienced this type of training will ever understand what you're going through. My husband has been the best workout partner/coach I could have ever asked for. He encourages me constantly to go outside of my comfort zone and use heavier weights, assuring me the whole way through that he has my back and will assist when needed (which is often). Thank you husband and brother for the support. I couldn't do it without you!


My suggestion to anyone who is truly serious about getting in the best shape of your life is: 1) Workout with someone who will push your limits and 2) Get help from someone who has experience in the type of training you're after, whether it be a friend, family member, or fitness professional. These two things will ensure progress and most importantly, safety!


Happy lifting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment