Friday, October 22, 2010

Supplements!

Training for a figure and body building competition can't be done without proper nutrition and supplementation. But there are so many to choose from!

Thankfully my husband and I have a good friend who works at GNC in Woodinville who is the supplement master! Unfortunately, purchasing supplements is not for the faint of heart. The list below costs around $200! But it lasts for a few months. Here is a list of supplements you can find in our pantry:

GNC Women's Ultra Mega "Active": women's multivitamin with added electrolytes to aid muscle recovery. I've been taking this vitamin for about a week now and have already noticed significant increases in energy!

PROTEIN: Amplify XL Platinum Protein Blend in Vanilla Flex: Gotta have lots of protein to build those muscles! I generally have about two shakes a day (mixed with water). One in the morning and one post-workout

X-Plode XL Controlled Mass Building: This is straight up powdered carbohydrates! This supplement was recommended to me to help me gain some weight. I mix one serving with my post-workout protein shake. It's Carbo-licious!

GNC Mega Men: the multivitamin my husband uses, not me :)
Pump Fuel: Again, another one for my hubby. It's a pre-workout supplement that basically helps you lift a little more weight without getting tired as fast

And there you have it! We take these supplements just as religiously as we workout and the effects are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment